EXAMINATION AND PROMOTION
1. The academic year is divided into two Semesters. First semester will be from April to October and the second semester will be from November to March. Each semester will have two Formative assessments and a Summative assessment. Only grades will be given to the students.
2. Open Day-Class Parent’s Day: Progress reports showing the result of the students will be given to the parents after Summative Assessment on the Class Parents Day specified in the diary. The parents are expected to meet the class teacher on the Class Parets’ Day when progress reports are distributed. They should also make sure that their children or wards make consistent effort to study those subjects in which they are weak. It is compulsory on the part of the parents to attend the Class of Parent’s Day held in the school after every assessment.
3. Progress Report: It serves the purpose of informing the parents about the progress of their children. Each time it is issued, it should be carefully studied and signed by the Parents / Guardians and returned the next day. Any- irregularity in this regard will be dealt severely.
4. The marks obtained in the two semester examinations will be considered for promotion. Promotion is granted on the basis of the whole year’s performance acquiring a minimum of 50% marks in all subjects. A pupil who fails to attain the required standard in all subjects will be detained.
5. If a pupil is absent from any test or examination, he/she shall be marked absent and given zero. Absence for one or more subjects will result in the loss of marks for these
6. Subjects and exclude the pupil from being reckoned in the order of merit or rank in the examination.
7. The school reserves the right to dismiss those whose progress in studies is steadily unsatisfactory or whose Parent / Guardian show little interest in the progress of the ward.
8. Promotion once decided, is final and can not be reconsidered. (Hence, parents are requested not to disturb the principal for any reconsideration).
9. No Promoted Transfer Certificate will be given to a failed candidate.