LEAVE OF ABSENCE
1. Punctuality and Attendance: Pupils must be punctual for class without the written permission of the Principal / Vice principal. No pupil may absent himself without obtaining prior permission. Absence will be indicated in the attendance register in the following ways:
a) If the student has submitted a leave letter ‘L’
b) If the student has submitted a sick leave letter with medical certificate ‘S’.
c) If no leave letter is submitted ‘a’.
2. No absentee should enter the class without the written permission of the Principal/ Vice principal. In case of sickness or any other unavoidable circumstances, the Principal must be informed in time along with a Medical Certificate.
3. A student absenting himself from school for one week in succession without permission will be marked ‘LEFT’. He/she will not be re-admitted as matter of course. If he/she is to be re-admitted he will have to pay a re-admission fee of Rs.500.
4. Any type of leave application should be addressed to the Principal and should be in the prescribed form only.
5. Absences of all kind has to be explained by the parents or guardians by means of an entry in the space provided in the diary.
6. A student absenting himself on the reopening or closing day of the term or after special holidays like Christmas, Deepavali, Pongal, Mariamman festival, etc., will have to pay a fine Rs.50/- for each day of absence. Absence without prior permission or proper authorization will also be charged with a fine of Rs.50/-.
7. Absence from school during test/examination will never be condoned except in case of illness. Application/Medical Certificate for leave on examination day for the pupils should be personally submitted to the Principal/ Vice-Principal by their parents on the same day. The school conducts no re-test or re-examination.
8. Any student who fails to secure 85% attendance during the academic year is liable for detention from the final examination.
9. As a general rule not more than one day of leave of absence shall be granted for the wedding of a close relative or any social function. (Three days, when far from Salem).