The Congregation of Holy Cross consists of Brothers,Sisters and Priests.
1820 - In 1820 at Ruillie sur – Loire, Le Mans diocese, France, Fr. Jacques Dujarie founded the Brothers of St.Joseph
1835 - Upon the death of Fr Dujarie, Fr.Basil Moreau succeeded Jacques Dujarie as the Superior of the Brothers of St.Joseph. He transferred them to a place called Holy Cross (Sainte Croix) In LeMans
1837 - On March 1st, Fr.Moreau united the priests, whom he has gathered under him, and the Brothers of St. Joseph, by the fundamental act which marks the foundation of the Congregation of Holy Cross.
1852 - Holy Cross Brothers, Sisters and Priests reached Dhaka in Bangladesh.
1960 - Three French Canadian Holy Cross Brothers : Godfrey Danis, Louis Ledue and Donald Nadeau took up their residence at St. Theresa’s Industrial School, Maravaneri, Salem – 7, to establish the Holy Cross Brothers in Tamilnadu.
1963 - Holy Cross School was started with 5 boys as the first students and Bro.Donald Nadeau as the first principal. Bro. Louis Leduc was the builder of Holy Cross School.
2008 - Notre Dame of Holy Cross School (CBSE) was started with 453 students from LKG to Standard IV.